Saturday, October 10, 2009

Shrimp Scampi

This wonderful garlic and lemon flavored Shrimp dish is always a hit around my house.  The kids and my husband both rave about it every time I make it and it is so easy to prepare.

Shrimp Scampy
Serves 5
2-3 lbs raw, cleaned and shelled large count shrimp (I used Jumbo size which is around 16 shrimp to a lb)
1 stick butter
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. chopped Garlic (I also like to use the garlic that is prepared and in a tube that you can find in your vegetable section of your grocery store)
Juice of 2 lemons
Parsley (dried or fresh to your liking)
dash of red pepper flakes for a little kick

Heat a large skillet with a stick of butter and olive oil.  I find the butter does not burn as easily if combined with Olive oil.  Add the garlic and cleaned and shelled shrimp.  Saute for a few minutes and turn the shrimp over when it is pink on the underside.  When the shrimp is fully pink it is fully cooked!   Do not overcook or it will be tough.  Add lemon juice, parsley, and pepper flakes.  Enjoy with mashed potatoes, or angel hair pasta.  The sauce is really good over pasta.

No comments: