Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Patty's Corn Bread Pudding

As you know I made chili today.  I also like to make a corn bread pudding recipe when I make chili.  I got this from one of my dearest friends a few years back, and today happens to be Patty's Birthday -- Patty this is in honor of your 28th Birthday (That is a number we can both agree on right?) :-)

Patty's Corn Bread Pudding
Serves 6-8

1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1 (8.5 ounce) package dry corn bread mix   
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (14.75 ounce) can creamed corn
1 cup sour cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and lightly grease a 9x9 inch baking dish.
In a medium bowl, combine butter, eggs, corn bread mix, whole and creamed corn and sour cream. Spoon mixture into prepared dish.
Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is golden brown.


My kids love this dish.

As you can see the ingredients are easy- 1 stick butter, melted; 2 eggs, beaten; 1 can creamed corn; 1 can corn kernels, drained; 1 cup sour cream and 1 box of corn muffin mix (I really like Jiffy).  Just combine them all together in the baking dish after you melted the butter in the dish and bake in same vessel.  Easy easy easy and ever so yummy!

No comments: