Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Strawberry Salad - Cuisine at Home

Here is another Cuisine at Home recipe.  I guess I have been in the mode of trying new recipes lately.  I made a few changes because I did not have an ingredient or two.  I used slivered almonds instead of pecans because I could not find any pecans though I usually have at least one bag in my pantry.. and I used Champagne Vinegar instead of white wine vinegar for the same reason and the results were still very delicious.

Strawberry Salad
with Pecans and Feta Cheese
Sweet strawberries at their seasonal peak contrast nicely with this savory and salty salad.
Source: Cuisine at Home Issue 74/April 2009 page 46

Makes 6 servings
Total time: 15 minutes

3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp. sugar
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
1 quart strawberries hulled and halved or quartered
6 cups spring mix salad greens
1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped (or any other nut you wish)
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 Tbsp chopped fresh or 1/2 tsp. dried dill

Whisk together vinegar, oil, and sugar.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Toss strawberries, greens, pecans, feta and will with dressing. Serve.

Becky's Notes:
Is this a knock your socks off salad? (given the previous post on my blog that might not be such a good idea anyway) No, but it is very good and I will make it again.  I also made Pioneer Woman's Chicken Parmesan to go with this and it paired up nicely.  
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/10/chicken-parmigiana/

No comments: